sling-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to manage repoinit language + implementation evolutions?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 05:46:44 GMT
Can’t we stay BC and just introduce a new command that has the new behavior
and keep the old one as is?

Something like:

DELETE REAL USER

or similar would be consistent with the service user delete at least.

It seems like a lot of hazel down the line to break the language and
introduce a version management just because of this issue. Just introduce
new command(s) and keep the old one(s) around (potentially with a warn)
seems nicer to me.

regards,

Karl

--