sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to manage repoinit language + implementation evolutions?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 08:06:13 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 7:46 AM Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can’t we stay BC and just introduce a new command that has the new behavior
> and keep the old one as is?...

Great idea, this is much simpler to implement and manage indeed, at
the cost of making the language slightly more complicated.

I think having to differentiate between service and non-service users
when deleting is somewhat of an edge case, which a STRICT modifier can
address - so how about:

  DELETE STRICT USER -> delete user only if it's NOT a service user
  DELETE STRICT SERVICE USER -> delete user only if it's a service user
  DELETE USER -> delete both service and non-service user
  DELETE SERVICE USER -> same but deprecated, indicated by an INFO log

In all cases there's no failure if the target user doesn't exist, as
in the current version.

-Bertrand (who's so happy to see Shared Neurons in action ;-)