sling-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Egli <stefane...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate query part of Sling Event API
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:19:52 GMT
On 30.10.18 10:08, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 17:42 +0100, Stefan Egli wrote:
>> (btw: I went even further in restricting the
>> API, as I think retryJobById and getJobById are potentially expensive
>> as
>> well, thus lean towards deprecating those too - not sure about
>> getScheduledJobs...).
>
> Those don't have to be expensive if you hold the state 'client-side'
> with the SubmittedJob object, then you simply submit the same data. (I
> may miss some specific knowledge of how eventing works though).

That would imply changing the API - then it might be done cheaper
agreed. But with the existing API all there is is the jobId (a String),
in which case you need to look up the job data somewhere, for both
getJobById and retryJobById (but not for stopJobById and removeJobById
as they don't return the Job).

Cheers,
Stefan