sling-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject How do I assemble applications using multiple features?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 14:21:51 GMT
Hi,

I used to assemble an app using the feature model using the application
builder.

The assembly was a list of features to inlcude, and some of those
features also had some configurations/bundles removed.

Now when I try it with the latest snapshots I get

[INFO] Apache Sling Feature Application Builder
[INFO]
[ERROR] Problem generating application
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't merge Variable 'provisioning.model.name' defined twice
(as 'quickstart' v.s. ':boot') and not overwritten.
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.BuilderUtil.mergeWithContextOverwrite(BuilderUtil.java:93)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.BuilderUtil.mergeVariables(BuilderUtil.java:111)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.FeatureBuilder.merge(FeatureBuilder.java:327)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.FeatureBuilder.internalAssemble(FeatureBuilder.java:313)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.FeatureBuilder.assemble(FeatureBuilder.java:59)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.FeatureBuilder.deduplicate(FeatureBuilder.java:136)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.builder.FeatureBuilder.assemble(FeatureBuilder.java:187)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.applicationbuilder.impl.Main.assembleApplication(Main.java:230)
	at org.apache.sling.feature.applicationbuilder.impl.Main.main(Main.java:193)

which sounds to me like I can no longer define a second feature - these
are the ids of the first two included features.

Is that the case? If so, what is the recommended way of assembling
applications from multiple features (with tweaks)?

Thanks,

Robert