sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Allowing a POST to limit handlers
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 10:24:36 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 10:23 AM Robert Munteanu <rombert@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The proposed solution is to allow the client to set an HTTP header
> which specifies the type of resolution to use (provisional names):...

That could also be a selector, right?

The problem with a request header is caching: requests to the same URL
might get different results based on that header, so I think you also
need a Vary: header to be clean w.r.t. caching. Not impossible but
easy to overlook.

A selector doesn't have that problem - but if it's a selector we'd
need to reserve a selector namespace for sling, which is not too
convenient either.

No strong opinion at this point, just thoughts.

-Bertrand