sling-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] reducing the api-regions extension verbosity
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2018 16:20:35 GMT
Hi all,
During the last days I've been working with the api-regions extension and I
think we can improve, even if a little, the extension verbosity.

What we currently have is something where fields are explicitly identified
via the "name" and "exports" fields:

"api-regions:JSON|false": [
    {
      "name": "global",
      "exports": [
        "org.osgi.util.function"
      ]
    },
    {
      "name": "asf",
      "exports": [
        "org.osgi.util.function"
      ]
    }
  ]

while they can be implicit, reducing the syntax where each key identifies
directly the region "name" and the related string array values identify the
"exports":

"api-regions:JSON|false": {
    "global": [
      "org.osgi.util.function"
    ],
    "asf": [
      "org.osgi.util.function"
    ]
  }

specifying the main array is not needed anymore.

Moreover, in order to implement the "export all" behaviour, we could use
wildcards that users are already used to, i.e.:

"api-regions:JSON|false": {
    "global": [
      "*"
    ],