sling-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Cotescu <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [hackathon] making it easier to contribute
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:21:01 GMT
Hi,

I’ve created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7940 to track the improvements
for the Contributing page. Feel free to chime in.

Cheers,
Radu

> On 13 Sep 2018, at 18:59, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de> wrote:
>
> - our current contributing [1] page is very outdated - we have to update it
> - search over all sling git repos is difficult currently - possible solutions which all
have some drawbacks
> - search via https://sourcegraph.com - this does not seem to work properly (does not
find all occurences), perhaps needs to be rechecked
> - git submodules - drawback is we need a module list file that to be updated manually
(Jenkins job would do, but ASF does not allow Jenkins job pushing thinks to the git repo without
having a real committer involved)
> - repo-checkout all modules locally and search in filesystem - cumbersome for a quick
search

> - committer & contributor statistics can be found on: http://demo.kibble.apache.org
> - login with demo user
> - set sub-filter to: sling-(?!site)
> - (excluding sling-site to avoiding tons html file counting in the stats)
> - be careful when merging external contributions into the sling codebase to keep the
authorship information of the contributor in git history