sling-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Cotescu <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [hackathon] making it easier to contribute
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:58:52 GMT
Hi,

Has anybody had time to check my changes, besides Andrei? Preferably a native English speaker.

Thanks,
Radu

> On 19 Sep 2018, at 16:49, Radu Cotescu <radu@apache.org> wrote:
>
> PR ready for review at https://github.com/apache/sling-site/pull/23 <https://github.com/apache/sling-site/pull/23>.
>
>> On 19 Sep 2018, at 12:21, Radu Cotescu <radu@apache.org <mailto:radu@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I’ve created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7940 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7940>
to track the improvements for the Contributing page. Feel free to chime in.

>> Cheers,
>> Radu
>>
>>> On 13 Sep 2018, at 18:59, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de <mailto:sseifert@pro-vision.de>>
wrote:

>>> - our current contributing [1] page is very outdated - we have to update it
>>> - search over all sling git repos is difficult currently - possible solutions
which all have some drawbacks
>>> - search via https://sourcegraph.com <https://sourcegraph.com/> - this
does not seem to work properly (does not find all occurences), perhaps needs to be rechecked
>>> - git submodules - drawback is we need a module list file that to be updated
manually (Jenkins job would do, but ASF does not allow Jenkins job pushing thinks to the git
repo without having a real committer involved)

<http://demo.kibble.apache.org/>
>>> - login with demo user
>>> - set sub-filter to: sling-(?!site)
>>> - (excluding sling-site to avoiding tons html file counting in the stats)
>>> - be careful when merging external contributions into the sling codebase to keep
the authorship information of the contributor in git history