sling-dev mailing list archives

From Jason E Bailey <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade a site to a new version of Sling
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 00:20:45 GMT
Yeah the dependency thing has always been problematic. I had a contractor once did a crazy
thing with one of my AEM instances where it became the provider of the parent POM through
a dynamic generation. Or something like that.

Conceivably, The sling starter should be able to generate a file with all the bundle dependencies
in it.  Or it may even be a value add to have a service generate that list.

>From an upgrade perspective, you should be able to do exactly what you describe. Unless
there are additional steps that would need to take place. That goes back to thinking of Sling
as a product. How would these additional steps occur. There should be upgrade documentation
etc.

- Jason