sling-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <ieu...@netdava.com>
Subject Re: Markdown resource provider
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2018 05:52:42 GMT
Hi,

Nice work Robert.

@Jason: I do believe there is value in yaml frontmatter. A lot of existing tools support markdown
+ frontmatter and people using them are familiar with that. Adding something Sling specific
is going to make interoerability harder. It is going to be non portable as well.

I'm in favor of using front matter. It will help port markdown apps to sling and promote interoperability
between such apps.

Regards,

Eugen Stan
Netdava International

  Mesaj original
De la: jason.bailey@24601.org
Trimis: 28 iulie 2018 20:28
Către: dev@sling.apache.org
Răsp. la: dev@sling.apache.org
Subiect: Re: Markdown resource provider

I believe there's a difference between what the two end goals are. There is a the rendering
of a Markdown resource into HTML and then there is using a Markdown file to generate a resource.

A couple of thoughts on this.
# For a Markdown Resource providing attributes, I don't see a reason to use YAML for this.
Markdown support integrated HTML and HTML supports custom tags.  You could  create some
thing along the lines of <resource-props data-sling-resourceType="foo"> this wouldn't
be displayed when viewing a rendered version of the file but be accessible when parsing.

#  We have a module for taking different file types and creating a Resource Object out of
them, that's the ContentParser. If the goal was to import the md file into an existing resource
we'd use the ContentLoader. If we wanted the ability to read and write the file then I see
a ResourceProvider and since we have a FSResourceProvider I still think it makes sense to
allow that to be expandable.

--
Jason