sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION][API][PROPOSAL] Adding Stream<Resource> generator to Sling API
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 15:58:44 GMT
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 3:53 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I see the value of having this as a library
> everyone can use. But I think we usually should keep library code
> separate from the pure (in lack of a better word) api like the resource
> api...

I agree with that.

IIUC the current idea is to add a Resource.stream(predicate) method to
the Sling API, but that could also be done with a distinct
ResourceStreamer.stream(predicate) object, right?

That doesn't make the API much more complicated and has the big
benefit of being a distinct module that can evolve independently.

Sorry if I missed earlier discussions, and I hope I'm not
contradicting my past self ;-)

-Bertrand