sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION][API][PROPOSAL] Adding Stream<Resource> generator to Sling API
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 13:05:08 GMT
On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Jason E Bailey <jeb@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I really don't think creating a dedicated bundle that consists of a single class
> is really appropriate....

That's not necessarily a problem, especially if it's meant to avoid
touching our api bundle, which we're always quite reluctant to touch
unless really needed.

And I suppose your code will have more than that class, in total, so
maybe you can (at least initially) put that utility class in your main
bundle if you have one? If you do this you can quietly work on that in
isolation, and once you have enough to demonstrate the whole thing we
can discuss how to best organize it.

> ...I've come to realize that I'm doing an extremely poor job at explaining
> the vision behind this and/or communicating the overall benefits...

We're all busy, so maybe we're not paying enough attention...don't despair ;-)

-Bertrand