sling-dev mailing list archives

From Hasini Witharana <hasinidila...@gmail.com>
Subject [Dev][GSoC] Using a cache to store a string value
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 18:08:48 GMT
Hi all,

I am implementing OpenID Connect protocol for Sling. First, Sling is
sending an authorization request to Google( OpenID Connect Provider - OP).
This request contains an attribute call state. State is a string object.

If the authorization is successful Google will send a response with an
authorization code. This response contains the same attribute state. This
state value and the request's state value must be same. Then only we can
validate the response.

To implement the this, I need to store the first state value somewhere. The
authorization code is valid for like 5 minutes. So the state value is only
needed to be stored for like 5 minutes. Therefore I thought to use a simple
cache for this purpose.

I would like to get your opinions for this.

Thank You.
--
*Hasini Witharana*
Undergraduate | Department of Computer Science and Engineering