sling-dev mailing list archives

From Jason E Bailey <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling API version 3.0.0
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 12:48:21 GMT
The major version change is from a release perspective. The only change to the versioning which
OSGi uses is org.apache.sling.api.resource which went from 2.11 to 2.12

Ioan brought up the issue as part of the pull request that the upgrade to jdk 8 is a significant
change.  If someone is running sling on a jdk 7 environment then this release will be broken
for them. I looked around at other Apache projects and there seems to be a trend that upgrades
to JRE support results in a major release upgrade.

This would also allow support, if there was ever a need, to do a release for the jdk7 version
after this release.

- Jason