sling-dev mailing list archives

From Jason E Bailey <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moving streams from whiteboard
Date Tue, 29 May 2018 21:53:12 GMT
IMHO the ResourceStream should be in one of the core packages.

The functionality of the other two features are different enough that they could  be considered
separate bundles
maybe something like

org.apache.sling.resourcefilter
org.apache.sling.resource.predicate

- Jason

On Tue, May 29, 2018, at 1:37 PM, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Nice to see new language features being used. I think they should be
> added to the core of Sling. I don't know what is the baseline Java
> version required by Sling but the older JVM's are getting fewer and
> fewer. Oracle has helped with that by changing the policy regarding
> public bug-fixes.
>
> On that note, I would love to see a JCR API update but I imagine this
> will be much more difficult to do.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eugen
>
> [1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/eol-135779.html
>
> On 29.05.2018 18:47, Jason E Bailey wrote:
> > First, I realize that Streams isn't the best package name. It's based on the fact
that the functionality is all around supporting java 8 streams.

> > It has three distinct areas of functionality that can intermingle
> >
> > 1. ResourceStream - Takes a resource and provides a stream of it's descendants.
 Additionally provides the ability to set a range, limit, and accepts a Predicate to filter
resources as well as a Predicate to select which branches to traverse on.

> > 2. ResourceFilter - Provides a scripting feature to create a Predicate<Resource>
that can be used to filter resources in any stream regardless of how the stream is created