sling-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: Bundle version for SNAPSHOTs generated by bnd-maven-plugin
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 13:55:26 GMT
I'm not sure this is problematic from the perspective of the installer. The
point of the different SNAPSHOT handling is to support the use case of
updating a bundle with the *same* bundle version. However, if the bundle
versions are including a timestamp, it isn't needed since the bundle
versions would be constantly increasing.

Now there could be a problem if the timestamp somehow not taking timezones
into account, but assuming it is UNIX epoch based, then this won't be an
issue.

Regards,
Justin