sling-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Sedding <jsedd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] replace sling committer list with link to apache phonebook
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 12:19:41 GMT
+1

We could directly leverage the JSON data behind the phonebook page. I
believe public_ldap_projects.json[0] for committers + pmc combined
with public_ldap_people.json[1] for names should do.

Regards
Julian

[0] https://whimsy.apache.org/public/public_ldap_projects.json
[1] https://whimsy.apache.org/public/public_ldap_people.json

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Konrad Windszus <konrad_w@gmx.de> wrote:
> +1
>
> maybe we can use the homepage url in LDAP to maintain the organization (compare with
https://people.apache.org/phonebook-about.html <https://people.apache.org/phonebook-about.html>).
Unfortunately that is not yet exposed in the Apache Phonebook.

>> On 10. Apr 2018, at 15:01, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de> wrote:
>>
>> currently we maintain a list of all committers and PMC members in a CMS page on [1].
>> this page is currently outdated, some committers are missing (e.g. david bosschaert).
>>
>> my proposal is to remove this manually maintained list and replace it with a link
to the apache phonebook [2]

>> pro:
>> - no redundant data, no manual maintenance: phonebook is always based on the "true
source"
>> - distinction between PMC members, chair and committers is clearly visible (for vote
counting)

>> con:
>> - we lose some probably important information currently present on this page:
>>  - organization (not maintained for all members)
>>  - role
>>
>> the page [1] contains also additional sections with emeritus members, thanks etc.
- these sections would remain untouched.