sling-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeniy Fitsner <drf...@drfits.com>
Subject Java version for sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-contentparser bundle
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 09:58:39 GMT

Dear All,

Not sure who can clarify but I’m faced with issue within this module when trying to load
 dates in format different from ISO-8601: in this case I have to specify time-zone manually
for returned Calendar object every time if stored date has different from my test machine
time-zone
Method: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-contentparser/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/contentparser/impl/ParserHelper.java#L69-L89

So my question: on which java version this module have to be executed?

Because if on Java 8 and above this code can be updated just to return correct time-zone w/o
additional libraries. Otherwise smth like Joda-Time could help if java version prior to 8.

Or this behavior is not an issue and no PR required?