sling-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Cotescu <r...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2018 Mentor Registration
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 13:03:11 GMT
Hi,

Is this something we could try this year? I've recently stumbled (again)
upon an issue that could be an interesting summer project:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7231
The issue in question is fairly isolated from the rest of the stack, so the
ramping-up period should be rather short, and IMO it would be a win-win
situation.

Do we have other proposals that make sense?

Any ideas that we'd like to promote for GSoC should be on JIRA, labeled
with 'gsoc2018' [4].

Cheers,
Radu

[4] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343065

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@apache.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 at 22:20
Subject: Google Summer of Code 2018 Mentor Registration
To: <mentors@community.apache.org>
Cc: dev@community.apache.org <dev@community.apache.org>

Dear PMCs,

I'm happy to announce that the ASF has made it onto the list of accepted
organizations for
Google Summer of Code 2018! [1,2]

It is now time for mentors to sign up, so please pass this email on to your
community and
podlings. If you aren’t already subscribed to mentors@community.apache.org
you should do so now else
you might miss important information.

Mentor signup requires two steps: mentor signup in Google's system [3] and
PMC acknowledgement.

If you want to mentor a project in this year's SoC you will have to

1. Be an Apache committer.
2. Request an acknowledgement from the PMC for which you want to mentor
projects. Use the below
template and *do not forget to copy mentors@community.apache.org*. We will
use the email adress you
indicate to send the invite to be a mentor for Apache.

PMCs, read carefully please.

We request that each mentor is acknowledged by a PMC member. This is to
ensure the mentor is in good
standing with the community. When you receive a request for
acknowledgement, please ACK it and cc
mentors@community.apache.org

Lastly, it is not yet too late to record your ideas in Jira (see my
previous emails for details).
Students will now begin to explore ideas so if you haven’t already done so,
record your ideas
immediately!

Cheers,

Uli

mentor request email template:
----
to: private@<project>.apache.org
cc: mentors@community.apache.org
subject: GSoC 2018 mentor request for <mentor name>

<project> PMC,

please acknowledge my request to become a mentor for Google Summer of Code
2018 projects for Apache
<project>.

I would like to receive the mentor invite to <email address>

<custom content>

----

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
[2] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5718432427802624/