sling-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Making github.com/apache/sling a git repo, moving away old svn mirror (Re: apache/sling as github landing repository)
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:57:50 GMT
On 12.02.2018, at 01:23, Robert Munteanu <rombert@apache.org> wrote:
> The basic proposal as I see it would be to add a new 'sling' top-level
> github repo, which means that:
>
> 1. we control what goes in there - README.md most importantly
> 2. old links to sling commits and files will be broken .

No! It's absolutely not necessary to break the old links.

If apache/sling is based on the "old" repo, and you are only adding new stuff on the "master"
branch (which is new, as it was never used in the subversion based Sling), you don't have
any conflicts.

You can have your cake and eat it too in this case - that's what I am trying to say all the
time :D It's just a matter of working with infra to copy things around and replace the github
repo accordingly.

Cheers,
Alex