sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Maven] Updating to parent pom 33 breaks all projects
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:54:51 GMT
I'm talking about:

           <!-- https://osgi.org/javadoc/r6/annotation/ -->
           <dependency>
                <groupId>org.osgi</groupId>
                <artifactId>org.osgi.annotation.versioning</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.0</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>
            <!--
https://osgi.org/javadoc/r6/cmpn/org/osgi/service/component/annotations/package-summary.html
-->
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.osgi</groupId>

<artifactId>org.osgi.service.component.annotations</artifactId>
                <version>1.3.0</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>
            <!--
https://osgi.org/javadoc/r6/cmpn/org/osgi/service/metatype/annotations/package-summary.html
-->
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.osgi</groupId>

<artifactId>org.osgi.service.metatype.annotations</artifactId>
                <version>1.3.0</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>

Sure, it's a one time effort, but for 100++ modules

Carsten

Konrad Windszus wrote
> @Carsten:
> Which dependency exactly to you want to declare now? The aggregate one for annotations
or the individual ones per annotation definition?

> But I rather tend to agree with Oli here. We should really force every project to declare
all(!) its dependencies. Having a dirty classpath for non-OSGi modules just because you derive
from parent does not seem right to me.