sling-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Bailey <Jason.Bai...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Search for specific resource types
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:30:19 GMT
If the question is from a search implementation, it may be more efficient to cache derived
resource types as they are found and then check against that cache prior to doing the upward
traversal.

My concern with locating derived resource types prior to the search would be the potential
cost in making that determination versus the probability that my search would require all
derived types.

-----Original Message-----
From: Konrad Windszus [mailto:konrad_w@gmx.de]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 9:21 AM
To: dev@sling.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search for specific resource types

EXTERNAL

Yes, exactly.
But if someone has a better idea on how to achieve that I am eager all ears.

> On 12. Jan 2018, at 15:19, Jason Bailey <Jason.Bailey@sas.com> wrote:
>
> So that I understand, this would benefit a scenario where you are searching for a specific
resource type, and the search implementation would have to traverse up the resourceType hierarchy
to determine if a specific type was of a type that you are looking for.

> One of the solutions for this, as you suggest, could be a pre-emptive determination of
the derived types and then the search implementation could compare against that.

> Did I get that right?

all derived resource types for a given resource type. That must internally rely on a search
within /apps and /libs looking for resourceSuperType=<given type> recursively!

> Such a method could be used as a basis for the query to look for content of type "a"
or a derived type.
> WDYT?
>
> Konrad
>
>> On 15. Dec 2017, at 16:59, Konrad Windszus <konrad_w@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> is there a simple way to search with Sling Resource API for resources which have
a certain resource type "a" or a resource type derived from "a".
>> The resource type inheritance in Sling is a pretty powerful concept. I am wondering
how to properly support that when searching for content which is either of resource type a
directly or a derived resource type.

>> I cannot really think of a JCR SQL2 or XPath expression which would also cover derived
resource types (without knowing them in advance).