sling-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Search for specific resource types
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:21:15 GMT
Yes, exactly.
But if someone has a better idea on how to achieve that I am eager all ears.

> On 12. Jan 2018, at 15:19, Jason Bailey <Jason.Bailey@sas.com> wrote:
>
> So that I understand, this would benefit a scenario where you are searching for a specific
resource type, and the search implementation would have to traverse up the resourceType hierarchy
to determine if a specific type was of a type that you are looking for.

> One of the solutions for this, as you suggest, could be a pre-emptive determination of
the derived types and then the search implementation could compare against that.

> Did I get that right?

all derived resource types for a given resource type. That must internally rely on a search
within /apps and /libs looking for resourceSuperType=<given type> recursively!

> Such a method could be used as a basis for the query to look for content of type "a"
or a derived type.
> WDYT?
>
> Konrad
>
>> On 15. Dec 2017, at 16:59, Konrad Windszus <konrad_w@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> is there a simple way to search with Sling Resource API for resources which have
a certain resource type "a" or a resource type derived from "a".
>> The resource type inheritance in Sling is a pretty powerful concept. I am wondering
how to properly support that when searching for content which is either of resource type a
directly or a derived resource type.

>> I cannot really think of a JCR SQL2 or XPath expression which would also cover derived
resource types (without knowing them in advance).