sling-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Pax Exam not compatible with maven-failsafe-plugin 2.20.1
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:35:13 GMT

> Adding an additionalClasspathElement in Parent (see my comment in SLING-7347)
> or a third option as 1) will not work in Parent.
>
> O.
>
> p.s.: the issue is with depends-maven-plugin not Exam itself

I am not sure I can follow here. Actually adding

<plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.20.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <!-- do not use generated JAR but instead the classes directory to make sure
that the file being generated from the depends-maven-plugin is being found by failsafe as
well (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1343) -->
          <classesDirectory>${project.build.outputDirectory}</classesDirectory>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
{code}

solves the issue for me. I would not add this configuration to the parent though, as usually
(outside of the pax exam context) you are interested only in the generated JAR but not in
the classes directory in your ITs!.
Using additionalClasspathElement (as proposed previously) is not good, as that will put every
class two times in the classpath (first within the JAR then in the "classes" folder).
Do you think that adding this configuration to all modules leveraging pax exam will work?
Konrad