sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search for specific resource types
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:25:54 GMT
I think some time ago we discussed a separate resource type mgmt service
(which also could cache resource type resolution).

Maybe now is a good time to think about it and introduce it?

Regards

Carsten

Konrad Windszus wrote
> Yes, exactly.
> But if someone has a better idea on how to achieve that I am eager all ears.
>
>> On 12. Jan 2018, at 15:19, Jason Bailey <Jason.Bailey@sas.com> wrote:
>>
>> So that I understand, this would benefit a scenario where you are searching for a
specific resource type, and the search implementation would have to traverse up the resourceType
hierarchy to determine if a specific type was of a type that you are looking for.

>> One of the solutions for this, as you suggest, could be a pre-emptive determination
of the derived types and then the search implementation could compare against that.

>> Did I get that right?

return all derived resource types for a given resource type. That must internally rely on
a search within /apps and /libs looking for resourceSuperType=<given type> recursively!

>> Such a method could be used as a basis for the query to look for content of type
"a" or a derived type.
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Konrad
>>
>>> On 15. Dec 2017, at 16:59, Konrad Windszus <konrad_w@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> is there a simple way to search with Sling Resource API for resources which have
a certain resource type "a" or a resource type derived from "a".
>>> The resource type inheritance in Sling is a pretty powerful concept. I am wondering
how to properly support that when searching for content which is either of resource type a
directly or a derived resource type.

>>> I cannot really think of a JCR SQL2 or XPath expression which would also cover
derived resource types (without knowing them in advance).

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland