sling-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Lietz <apa...@oliverlietz.de>
Subject Re: Pax Exam not compatible with maven-failsafe-plugin 2.20.1
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:49:05 GMT
On Wednesday 03 January 2018 13:35:13 Konrad Windszus wrote:
> > Adding an additionalClasspathElement in Parent (see my comment in
> > SLING-7347) or a third option as 1) will not work in Parent.
> >
> > O.
> >
> > p.s.: the issue is with depends-maven-plugin not Exam itself
>
> I am not sure I can follow here. Actually adding
>
> <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.20.1</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <!-- do not use generated JAR but instead the classes directory to
> make sure that the file being generated from the depends-maven-plugin is
> being found by failsafe as well
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1343) -->
> <classesDirectory>${project.build.outputDirectory}</classesDirectory>
> </configuration>
>       </plugin>
> {code}
>
> solves the issue for me. I would not add this configuration to the parent
> though, as usually (outside of the pax exam context) you are interested
> only in the generated JAR but not in the classes directory in your ITs!.

Pax Exam is running fine with the generated JAR and only META-
INF/maven/dependencies.properties is missing for depends-maven-plugin.

Therefore I prefer a third option which is configured in Parent, adds
dependencies.properties to the JAR if present and leaves everything else as
is. Not sure why dependencies.properties is not picked up at all.

> Using additionalClasspathElement (as proposed previously) is not good, as
> that will put every class two times in the classpath (first within the JAR
> then in the "classes" folder). Do you think that adding this configuration
> to all modules leveraging pax exam will work?

Sure, but it's an *ugly* workaround.

O.