sling-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Search for specific resource types
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:45:37 GMT
Ping, does anyone have any idea?

I am thinking about introducing a new method to ResourceResolver which allows to return all
derived resource types for a given resource type. That must internally rely on a search within
/apps and /libs looking for resourceSuperType=<given type> recursively!

Such a method could be used as a basis for the query to look for content of type "a" or a
derived type.
WDYT?

Konrad

> On 15. Dec 2017, at 16:59, Konrad Windszus <konrad_w@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> is there a simple way to search with Sling Resource API for resources which have a certain
resource type "a" or a resource type derived from "a".
> The resource type inheritance in Sling is a pretty powerful concept. I am wondering how
to properly support that when searching for content which is either of resource type a directly
or a derived resource type.

> I cannot really think of a JCR SQL2 or XPath expression which would also cover derived
resource types (without knowing them in advance).