sling-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discussion][sling-aggregator] do we need deep file-system structures?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 09:52:54 GMT
Hi Radu,

On Mon, 2017-11-06 at 08:22 +0000, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After using the Sling Aggregator [0] to clone all modules I was
> wondering
> if somebody else missed the previous "functional" structure of the
> modules
> or not. While I fully support the 1 module / SCM repository code
> organisation, I think that sometimes it's beneficial to have a
> reactor that
> would build all related modules with one command.

There are two issues in your email:

- generating reactor poms
- nested vs flat structure

I think both are fine to have, if we agree on the structure.

I have already added some basic support for grouping repositories, see

https://github.com/apache/sling-aggregator/blob/81b3367168e97cb2702d960
ff883bc1ca7425693/default.xml#L193-L214

The logic is 'look for the first segment in the repo name after org-
apache-sling and create a group if two or more repos have it'.

We can of course enhance it, but let's first lay down some grouping
rules and decide where to place repositories outside of any groups.

Thanks,

Robert