sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Context-Aware Services - Multitenancy for SPI implementations
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:30:54 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ...do you have better ideas for configuring the mapping or the implementation?...

I don't know if it's a better idea but here are some thoughts.

In my upcoming adaptTo talk I'll mention making resource types
multi-tenant, by prefixing them with a "web property" identifier,
something like com.example/blog/page where the prefix is added
automatically based on the content path. Requires making the search
path dynamic but I've done that in another prototype, SLING-4386.

I haven't implemented that in my prototype though, it's just an idea so far.

But I've been thinking for some time that using the resource
resolution logic for more than just scripts could be useful, without
inventing new mechanisms.

I don't want to derail your prototype, I don't have concrete use cases
myself , just wanted to note that my experimentation led me to similar
conclusions in other places, so a common mechanism for "locating
things based on the script resolution logic" might be useful. In your
case it might be "locating a ContextAwareService", but maybe resource
types do not apply for that case.

-Bertrand