sling-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Thread Support 3.2.8, Apache Sling Scripting Core implementation 2.0.48, Apache Event Support 4.2.8, Apache Sling SlingStart Maven Plugin 1.7.10, Apache Sling JUnit Tests Teleporter 1.0.16, Apache Sling Testing Utilities 2.
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 22:13:11 GMT
Please cancel only the vote for Thread Support, I am hoping to come up with a fix next week.
Konrad

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

> Am 23.09.2017 um 22:19 schrieb Robert Munteanu <rombert@apache.org>:
>
> Konrad, Stefan,
>
> What's your take on this? Should I cancel the vote and wait for a fix
> or go through with the release and fire off another release vote for
> the commons.threads bundles once we have a fix?
>
> Robert
>
>> On Thu, 2017-09-21 at 12:25 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
>> For me the test runs fine with both Java 7 and Java 8.
>> But according to your stack traces it seems that the table array
>> within ThreadLocalMap contains some null entries (compare with https:
>> //doanduyhai.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/threadlocal-explained/).
>> The entry objects within the table are WeakReferences themselves,
>> i.e. can become null if the key = the threadLocal object bound to the
>> thread is no longer referenced.
>>
>> Currently the diff method does not correctly deal with it.
>> I will first try to make an IT which does reliably fail for everyone
>> and then try to come up with a fix.
>> Thanks for reporting.
>> Konrad
>>
>>> On 21. Sep 2017, at 10:48, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Apache Sling Thread Support 3.2.8
>>> -> i've a problem running the unit tests. the run fine, up to rev.
>>> 1790774, but fail from rev. 1791091 (SLING-6261). is it only on my
>>> machine? see below
>>>
>>> Apache Sling Scripting Core implementation 2.0.48
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Apache Event Support 4.2.8
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Apache Sling SlingStart Maven Plugin 1.7.10
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Apache Sling JUnit Tests Teleporter 1.0.16
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Apache Sling Testing Utilities 2.1.2
>>> +1
>>>
>>> stefan
>>>

>>> unit test errors in thread support 3.2.8:

>>> T E S T S
>>> Running
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ExtendedThreadFactoryTest
>>> Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 0.002 sec - in
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ExtendedThreadFactoryTest
>>> Running
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThr
>>> eadLocalsTest
>>> Exception in thread "pool-9-thread-1"
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner.changed(Th
>>> readLocalCleaner.java:140)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner.diff(Threa
>>> dLocalCleaner.java:104)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner.cleanup(Th
>>> readLocalCleaner.java:79)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThr
>>> eadLocals.afterExecute(ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThreadLocals.java:
>>> 63)
>>>       at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecuto
>>> r.java:1150)
>>>       at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecut
>>> or.java:617)
>>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> Exception in thread "pool-9-thread-2"
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner.changed(Th
>>> readLocalCleaner.java:140)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner.diff(Threa
>>> dLocalCleaner.java:104)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner.cleanup(Th
>>> readLocalCleaner.java:79)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThr
>>> eadLocals.afterExecute(ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThreadLocals.java:
>>> 63)
>>>       at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecuto
>>> r.java:1150)
>>>       at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecut
>>> or.java:617)
>>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 0.192 sec <<< FAILURE! - in
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThr
>>> eadLocalsTest
>>> testThreadLocalBeingCleanedUp(org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl
>>> .ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThreadLocalsTest)  Time elapsed: 0.046
>>> sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>> org.mockito.exceptions.verification.WantedButNotInvoked:
>>> Wanted but not invoked:
>>> listener.changed(
>>>   ADDED,
>>>   <any>,
>>>   java.lang.ThreadLocal@3632be31,
>>>   "test"
>>> );
>>> -> at
>>> org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadPoolExecutorCleaningThr
>>> eadLocalsTest.testThreadLocalBeingCleanedUp(ThreadPoolExecutorClean