sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI, working on moving to JBake for the Sling website
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 19:27:36 GMT
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> ...what are the problems this will solve and what
> are the benefits? So far I've not heard of JBake at all....

Some of that has been discussed at SLING-6955.

The main problem is the Apache CMS not being developed anymore,
INFRA-13644 for example took a long time to solve.

A publishing process that runs locally is much more convenient to use,
and can help getting more website contributions - also because we'd be
using a more usual publishing process.

There are many website generators similar to JBake, I selected it as
several other Apache projects are using it and it's written in Java,
so more hackable/fixable by us if needed.

-Bertrand