sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revisiting ServiceUserMapped
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 08:49:53 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Service users are a very low level
> configuration of the data store and we could assume that this is
> correctly configured - as well as the mapping...

I think the main goal of ServiceUserMapped is to have components wait
at startup until the mappings (+ service users but that doesn't work)
are available.

So "configuration is correct" is just part of the deal.

How about having the code that registers the ServiceUserMapped markers
wait for the SlingRepository service?

If service users are registered via repoinit, waiting for
SlingRepository waits for all of them, assuming the configuration is
correct. And if not those services will generally fail loudly.

-Bertrand