sling-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Karl Pauls (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Assigned] (SLING-6618) Specify crx.default as workspace for AEM servers
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:59:41 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6618?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Karl Pauls reassigned SLING-6618:
---------------------------------

    Assignee:     (was: Karl Pauls)

Well, as I said in my initial comment, I think I did try the shortterm fix [~kwin] points
out and it didn't seem to work for me (i.e., I updated to the latest snapshot and provided
the crx.default in the url) - hence, the workaround I provided.

Yes, it is somewhat verbose and granted, it is entirely possible that I made some mistake
trying to get the short term fix to work (maybe the snapshot didn't contain the fix after
all) so just retry after the artefact is released and see if it works for you. 

Ultimately, I certainly agree that it would be best to have this fixed properly and have no
requirement to provide the name of the default workspace at all.

> Specify crx.default as workspace for AEM servers
> ------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SLING-6618
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6618
>             Project: Sling
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: IDE
>    Affects Versions: Sling Eclipse IDE 1.0.10
>            Reporter: Karl Pauls
>             Fix For: Sling Eclipse IDE 1.2.0
>
>         Attachments: SLING-6618.patch
>
>
> The current impl-vlt does try to connect to two different repository urls - one for sling
and one for crx. In the case of the latter, it apparently needs to subsequently give the default
workspace name (crx.default) to the login method - otherwise, trying to connect to the AEM
server fails with "precondition failed" messages.
> The full stack trace of the according {{RepositoryException}} looks like this
> {code}
> javax.jcr.lock.LockException: Precondition Failed
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:109)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:51)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:45)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.obtain(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:809)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.obtain(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:753)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2davex.RepositoryServiceImpl.obtain(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:307)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl.login(RepositoryImpl.java:151)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.AbstractRepository.login(AbstractRepository.java:144)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.jcr.RepositoryUtils.getRepositoryAddress(RepositoryUtils.java:84)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.jcr.RepositoryUtils.getRepository(RepositoryUtils.java:44)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.VltRepository.connect(VltRepository.java:70)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.VltRepositoryFactory.connectRepository(VltRepositoryFactory.java:69)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.ServerUtil.connectRepository(ServerUtil.java:146)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.start(SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.java:95)
> 	at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.SlingLaunchpadLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(SlingLaunchpadLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:45)
> 	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)
> 	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
> 	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:731)
> 	at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl2(Server.java:3541)
> 	at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl(Server.java:3477)
> 	at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$StartJob.run(Server.java:367)
> 	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
> Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.DavException: Precondition Failed
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.DavMethodBase.getResponseException(DavMethodBase.java:162)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.DavMethodBase.getResponseBodyAsMultiStatus(DavMethodBase.java:91)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.obtain(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:781)
> 	... 18 more
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)

Mime
View raw message