sling-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Configurationless Sling?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:09:40 GMT
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Oliver Lietz <apache@oliverlietz.de> wrote:
>> ...Launchpad is in fact the test bed for AEM...
>
> you mean Sling right?
>
> Launchpad with snapshots is required currently IMO, to catch
> integration failures early by building launchpad/testing on snapshots.

Given my recent struggle with the org.json replacement I'd like to add
that it would be good if we either try to do a better job in keeping
the SNAPSHOTS current or have a way to generate a "most recent
snapshots" launchpad on demand.

Right now, the launchpad is a mix of stable bundles (that either have
newer releases or snapshots with changes) and current snapshots. That
makes it hard to know what configuration passes the integration tests
and its somewhat painful if you want to see if you broke something
because if you happen to update a bundle from an old version (possibly
several) to its latest SNAPSHOT it might cause failing tests
completely unrelated to your changes (I lost almost half a day due to
e.g. the servlets post bundle not providing its services due to the
update to parent 30 which had nothing to do with my commons.json
changes).

regards,

Karl

--