sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Possible requirements for crankstart
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:35:17 GMT
Now that crankstart is using the provisioning model (thanks Bertrand), I
would like to discuss some potential requirements. We're using a similar
tool as crankstart for a very long time now, and over time we added some
required features. In order to get rid of our own tool, it would be
great if crankstart would provide a similar feature set. It might be
that crankstart is already supporting some of this, this is more or less
a brain dump :)

1. Provide several models on startup - the models are merged into a
single model and then run
2. The above models can be read from a repository
3. Repository support: file url, http url, s3 url
4. Setting the port on startup (overriding a value the model)
5. Setting the context path for the app (overriding a value in the model)
6. Setting the active run modes
7. Setting additional framework properties from the command line
8. Set model variables from the command line - these overwrite values in
the model
9. Provide a way to just download all referenced artifacts and putting
them in a maven repo like file structure
10. Support of the launchpad api startup mode (install, update, restart)
11. Support of the launchpad api startup listener (report startup
finished event when all the stuff from the provisioning model is installed).

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler