sling-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [osgi] Using Inventory API in Commons Log
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 09:41:38 GMT
Hi

Am 03.02.2014 um 10:30 schrieb Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
>> So the question really is: what happens to the logger instances held by the bundles
>
> Before answering that I need to confirm would a new classloader be
> created for Commons Log upon package refresh? Probably yes then it
> that case existing Logger instances would be referring to old
> classloader. The other bundle would be bound to Sl4j API so they would
> not be refreshed but there logger instances would be referring to
> Logback provided classes.
>
> So one should probably avoid external dependency for a bundle like Commons Log?

Yes, that probably is the consequence and we should refrain from adding Inventory API binding
— unless the commons log bundle exports the inventory API itself…

On the other hand: considering both the Inventory and the Web Console API to be crucial, it
might be conceivable to create API only bundles for these…

Regards
Felix