sling-dev mailing list archives

From Vidar Ramdal <vidar.ram...@webstep.no>
Subject Karaf features in Launchpad
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 21:40:30 GMT
I'm assembling a Sling Launchpad application, and I'm experiencing
that the Launchpad bundle list is becoming long and difficult to
manage.

For example, adding Hibernate support requires adding a considerable
number of bundles, to different start levels. Adding other stuff
requires adding more bundles, to the same or different start levels.

In Apache Karaf, this problem has been solved with features [1].

It would be useful if the Launchpad bundle list could support Karaf
feature descriptors, preferably also supporting Karaf's URL handlers
(particularly wrap:).

Would there be interest in extending the Launchpad bundle list format
to support something like Karaf features? If so, I'll create I Jira
and try to find time to work in it.

Or does the Launchpad already support something similar?

Just to clarify: This is not about running Sling in a Karaf runtime,
but rather, using Karaf features with the Sling Launchpad.

[1] http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/users-guide/provisioning.html
--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar.ramdal@webstep.no>
Webstep AS - http://www.webstep.no