sling-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache Cassandra backend for Sling: GSoC2013 Project
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 16:42:25 GMT
Hi Dishara,
Congratulations, you achieved everything you set out to and showed a
real willingness to work with the Sling community, which for all those
that know the Apache way is possibly more important than rock star
coding. I am sure that others will build on what you have discovered
and created.

Should you find that you want to continue working on Sling with the
community in the coming months your contributions will be welcomed.

Finally, good luck in your continuing student life and if this year
was your final year, best of luck in your finals.

Best Regards
Ian

On 1 October 2013 04:25, Dishara Wijewardana <ddwijewardana@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian and all,
> Got to know that I have successfully passed the GSoC 2013 which was a my
> dream. Thank you all for helping me through all the time and making it true
> . I also uploaded the code to Google.
>
> Thanks again,
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Dishara Wijewardana <
> ddwijewardana@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> in

>>> project
>>>

>>> Good.
>>> Don't forget to state that this is your only GSoC 2013 submission in the
>>> proposal, and to declare if you will be doing anything other than your
>>> studies during the time period. Of importance are other part time jobs,
>>> studies and exams. Part time jobs are not allowed by GSoC which requires
>>> your full attention. Studies and exams clashing with the GSoC timescales
>>> are an unfortunate feature of the GSoC programme being based on the US
>>> academic year. I have worked with students who were also doing finals, and
>>> managed to achieve excellent project outcomes, (and an outstanding final
>>> degree result) but any conflicts need to be declared up front, so that the
>>> mentor and the student can plan around them. If your studies are active
>>> during GSoC then you should also let your academic staff know that you are
>>> taking part.
>>>
>>> If you could declare that information in the proposal, including if there
>>> are no conflicts, then they will strengthen your proposal.
>>>
>>> Hi Ian,
>> Completely agree. Really useful instructions. I have mentioned those facts
>> in the proposal and updated it.
>> Thank you.
>>

>>> Best regards
>>> Ian