sling-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Exception thrown from jcrPropertyMap.containsKey("")
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:45:10 GMT
Hi *,

lately updating the org.apache.sling.jcr.resource from version 2.0.10 to version  2.1 I hit
a little issue.

The same call to the JcrPropertyMap#containsKey that used to work in the former version fails
in the latest with stacktrace

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to resolve path
 relative to node /test1340468918488
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrPropertyMap.read(JcrPropertyMap.java:355)
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrPropertyMap.get(JcrPropertyMap.java:162)
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrPropertyMap.containsKey(JcrPropertyMap.java:171)
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrPropertyMapTest.testDefaultValue(JcrPropertyMapTest.java:206)
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrPropertyMapTest.testDefaultValue(JcrPropertyMapTest.java:134)

if containsKey  empty string argument e.g. jcrPropertyMap.containsKey("").

Now, java.lang.IllegalArgumentException is a runtime exception so fair enough, but since I
have starting to grasp the essence of semantic versioning I wonder if this is "legitimate"
for the consumer.

Here some related notes:

- the package version is kept the same  org.apache.sling.jcr.resource;version=2.1  in both
bundle version
- the containsKey method is not part of any API (AFAIK) but is part of the  org.apache.sling.jcr.resource
package and is public
- the exception is thrown from the read method that now is public and declares the runtime
exception in the Java Doc (before the method was package protected)
- previously the Exception was "swallowed" in the read method

Again probably is not an issue at all but I am still "curious" to know WDYT :)

Regards

Antonio