sling-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: why is there a non-factory configuration available for org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 21:15:36 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 06.10.2011 22:51, Justin Edelson wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this has always been the case (and I am just noticing
>> it now) or it started happening recently, but I noticed that there are
>> two more lines in the Configurations web console plugin for logging
>> than I would expect.
>>
>> I see these options:
>> Apache Sling Logging Configuration (non-factory)
> This is correct; since this is plain, non-factory config.

Right. I expect this line. It's the other non-factory lines I don't expect.

>> Apache Sling Logging Logger Configuration (non-factory)
>> Apache Sling Logging Logger Configuration (factory)
>> Apache Sling Logging Writer Configuration (non-factory)
>> Apache Sling Logging Writer Configuration (factory)
> I would consider this a bug in the Web Console, which does too much here.

Really? Because this isn't an issue with other factory configurations
(e.g. org.apache.sling.engine.impl.log.RequestLoggerService,
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server.SlingServerRepository, and
org.apache.sling.fsprovider.internal.FsResourceProvider all show up
correctly).

Justin