sling-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Binding to a resource Type
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 07:47:35 GMT

On 3 Jun 2009, at 06:32, Felix Meschberger wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> Ian Boston schrieb:
>> Should a servlet (with sling.servlet.resourceTypes value="x") bind to
>> JCR nodes where a parent node has a resourceType of x, or will it
>> only
>> bind to JCR nodes where the node itself has the resourceType x ?
>
> I do not exactly understand what you mean by "bind to JCR nodes" ?

I mean, when I have servlet with
>   sling.servlet.resourceTypes = "x"

and send a request for node with a sling:resourceType=x the request
will get routed to the servlet (assuming it can handle the request
method, and selector)

However,
If I send a request for a child node of the node with
sling:resourceType=x, the request does not get routed to the servlet.

ie there is no resourceType inheritance by default in Sling.

Ian