sling-dev mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Making files referenceable during content loading
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 06:26:53 GMT

On 2 Jul 2008, at 12:21, Bryce Ewing wrote:

> I understand what he is saying here, but I am curious as to why you
> say CMS in particular?

My guess is that it comes down to flexibility. It's sort of the same
argument that structure prohibits flexibility. Reference integrity is
not very often needed, and causes much more headaches down the road.
Imagine if you couldn't remove an article you created simply because
some other article someone else created is linked to it.

Maybe you can store the actual UUID in a string instead of using a
reference? It would be similar to a reference, as it uses the UUID
internally, just that reference integrity is not maintained if the
document the UUID belong to is deleted.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com