sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bryce Ewing <br...@smx.co.nz>
Subject Multi-pass rendering
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 02:44:20 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to do a two (or more) pass rendering
for content, i.e.

Single rendering:
    GET /alpha/beta.html
    resource /alpha/beta (which has sling:resourceType = "test")
    uses /apps/test/html.ftl to render the node beta -> beta.html

Multi rendering:
    GET /alpha/beta.html
    ... (not sure about this part) ...
    uses two scripts to render the content, one which takes it from
source to intermediary then a second one to render to html

Maybe something like this would work?
    GET /alpha/beta.xml.html
    resource /alpha/beta.xml (which has sling:resourceType = "test2")
    uses /apps/test2/html.ftl to render the node beta.xml -> beta.xml.html
    resource /alpha/beta (which has sling:resourceType = "test1")
    uses /apps/test1/html.ftl to render the node beta -> beta.xml

A specific example of where this would come in handy would be:
    /alpha/beta -> /alpha/beta.xml -> /alpha/beta.xml.pdf (where the xml
step is fop)

Maybe I am going down a completely wrong track with the multi-pass
rendering so more specifically how would I render a pdf (via first
creating fop)?

Cheers
Bryce