sling-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject how does the default content mapping work?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:00:53 GMT
Hi,

  I'm running Sling and I'm trying to access the repository's root
node from the browser with the following url: http://localhost:8080.
According to http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ApacheSling/SlingGuideDefaultMappings
the default component must resolve the request if there's no custom
mapping, however I'm getting "404 not found".

the wiki says "If no mapping exists for the given node, an exception
is thrown and the request fails." and bellow it says "In such a case
of missing content mapping, a default Content mapping is defined in
the form of the org.apache.sling.content.jcr.DefaultContent class".
I'm not sure whether the expected behavior is to fail with a 404 error
or to process the request with the default component. Any idea?

thanks in advance,
Edgar