sis-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Estrada <estrada.a...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to fix the link to the web page?
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 14:53:42 GMT
Hey Martin,

Hmmm...I am not sure how to stop google from doing this. Maybe try going in to googles web
master tools and generate the key file and then upload it to the new site? The incubator site
will eventually get cleaned out of google's indexes that way.

I like your description. If no one else objects I say move forward with it! Also, remember
that Andrew gave us a new logo that looks really really good. I would love to see that in
the new site's home page too! I think it can be found in Jira.

AdamMartin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux@geomatys.fr> wrote:Hello all

Some of our peoples are talking about SIS around us, but we are facing
the problem that a Google search on "Apache SIS" still give the old
incubator page [1]. Does anyone known how to remove that page?

For now, it seems to me that our most up-to-date page is the web site
generated by Maven [2]. Is there an easy way to get
http://sis.apache.org/ to point to that page until the main web site is
ready?

On the home Maven page, the current description is a little bit short.
Would the following description be okay?

    Apache SIS is a free software, Java language library for developing
    geospatial applications. The library can be used for desktop or
    server applications. SIS is an implementation of GeoAPI 3.0 interfaces.

    SIS provides data structures for geographic data and associated
    metadata along with methods to manipulate those data structures. The
    SIS metadata module forms the base of the library and enables the
    creation of metadata objects which comply with the ISO 19115
    metadata model and which can be read from or written to ISO 19139
    compliant XML documents. The SIS referencing module will enable the
    construction of geodetic data structures for geospatial referencing
    based on the ISO 19111 model such as axis, projection and coordinate
    reference system definitions, along with the associated operations
    which enable the mathematical conversion of coordinates between
    different systems of reference. The SIS storage modules will provide
    a common approach to the reading and writing of grid coverages
    applicable to simple imagery as to many dimensional data structures.

Martin

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/sis/
[2] http://builds.apache.org/job/sis-trunk/site/