sirona-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire Sirona
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 07:54:53 GMT
HI John, all,

I also don't like to see Sirona retiring, however I also got the
impressions that it did not gain the momentum that it deserved and we
failed (for various reasons, my personal aspect is the lack of time) to
deliver a convincing story to make it more attractive for devs and ops. I
was hoping that Sirona could find a new home as a subproject of TomEE, as
this seemed a good fit to me.

Has this been tried but rejected?

In a broader scope I think Sirona could not convince people to regard it as
an alternative to Dropwizard Metrics or Prometheus.

So here is my unhappy +1 if there is no other way to keep it.

Thanks,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de