singa-dev mailing list archives

From Yeung Sai Ho <dcs...@nus.edu.sg>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Replace Travis CI with Github Actions
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:06:01 GMT
Dear Moaz,

I think I will agree with you personally to get rid of the Travis CI. Today I wasted a whole
day just to modify my code targeting to pass the Travis CI build in #624, while many project
deadlines are approaching. I still cannot pass the build test at the end of the day due to
the path include problems, so sad...

Thanks for your email concerning good suggestions.

Best Regards,
chris

從我的iPhone傳送

> Moaz Reyad <moaz@apache.org> 於 2020年3月11日 19:41 寫道:
>
>         - External Email -
>

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to propose to move from Travis CI to the new CI/CD features in
> Github with Github Actions [1]. You can see an example for licence check
> after commit with github actions instead of travis in this pull request [2].
>
> There are many benefits of using Github Actions instead of an external tool
> like Travis, such as eliminating the need to configure an external tool and
> integrating better CI with other Github features.
>
> We can start moving the CI jobs from Travis to Github step by step until we
> completely remove the need of using Travis.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Moaz
>
> [1] https://github.com/features/actions
> [2] https://github.com/moazreyad/incubator-singa/pull/13

Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose,
nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.