singa-dev mailing list archives

From Moaz Reyad <m...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Java support in SINGA
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2019 11:26:59 GMT
Hi SINGA team,

The Java folder [1] was not updated since three years. May be we need to
discuss the current status and future plans for the Java support.

If the team want to keep the Java support, we probably need to plan some
work to improve it with documentation (e.g. JavaDocs) and unit testing.
There are no instructions on how to run SINGA examples from Java or how to
build the Java module in the website [2].

If the team does not want to support Java anymore, then we can consider
removing the Java folder from the project. In this case, SINGA will support
only C++ and Python. But we are going to lose many opportunities to
integrate SINGA with existing Java projects.

Chandrakumar, an enterprise architect from the European Commission (in cc),
was interested in the Java support in SINGA during the Apache EU FOSSA
Hackathon. May be he can also participate in the discussion with some
insights about the Java requirements in EU open source projects.

Moaz

[1] https://github.com/apache/singa/tree/master/java
[2] http://singa.apache.org/