singa-dev mailing list archives

From Moaz Reyad <moazre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New services for SINGA (Mentors help needed)
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2019 14:51:29 GMT
Hi Wei,

Yes, the repo is : https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site

It can be updated using the standard git commands:

git clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site.git
git commit
and so on...

However, we still did not ask INFRA to update the pubsub to use git instead
of svn. So now the old SVN repository is still active and the new git
repository is not yet connected to the website (singa.apache.org).

We should create a ticket similar to this one:

and specify a git branch and a folder in the repo (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site) to be used as the main
folder of the website.

For instance, may be we use the master branch to store the "source code" of
the website, and use another branch such as "asf-site" to contain the
actual built website after running Sphinx site build script. Currently, the
source code of the website is at this folder in the original git repo:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/tree/master/doc, and the master
branch of https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site contains the built
website.

We can complicate it further by using other git branches in
incubator-singa-site for different versions (1.0.0, 2.0.0, ..) and
different languages (Chinese, Korean, ..). Then the site build script
(build.sh) can be updated to perform "git clone" on them and build all of
them, and finally push them to the asf-site branch.

What do you think?
Moaz
On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM Wang Wei <wangwei@comp.nus.edu.sg> wrote:

> Hi Moaz,
>
> If I want to update incubator-singa-site, what's the upstream to push to?
> Is there a repo at gitbox.apache.org?
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Wei
>
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 8:33 PM Moaz Reyad <moazreyad@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The notebooks were not in the SVN. They are in singa github:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/tree/master/doc/en/docs/notebook
> >
> > Sphinx generates the website pages which contain links to the URLs in the
> > above folder.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Moaz
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM Wang Wei <wangwei@comp.nus.edu.sg>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, Moaz!
> > > Github can display notebooks directly. But I cannot find the
> notebooks..
> > > Did Sphinx ignore them?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Wei