singa-dev mailing list archives

From Moaz Reyad <m...@apache.org>
Subject [EU-FOSSA 2 2019 Hackathon] SINGA and SpamAssassin collaboration in GSoC 2019
Date Sun, 05 May 2019 14:27:02 GMT
Dear SINGA and SpamAssassin dev,

I met with Giovanni Bechis in the EU-FOSSA 2 2019 Hackathon and we
discussed a possible collaboration between the two projects.

SpamAssassin has a proposal in Google Summer of Code 2019 about Statistical
Classifier Plugin for spam email detection. If both teams and the student
agree, we may consider building this plugin with SINGA.

The GSoC guide says "Some organizations choose to assign more than one
mentor to each of their students.". This means Apache can assign mentors
from SINGA and SpamAssassin to help in developing this plugin. We have two
mentors from SINGA in GSoC and one or both of them can help in co-mentoring
this project.

Best regards,
Moaz